Hours of Operation:
8:00 a.m. until 4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, closed on all State recognized Holidays.
Guideline for Civil Process to be Served:
The Rockingham County Sheriff’s Dept Civil Division provides service of documents to all towns in Rockingham County.
We do require prepayment for service of process, so please have your court documents in hand when you call our office. Service fees vary based on multiple criteria, some of which include what town the documents are being served in, how many people are being served, and if the papers are from a NH court or an out of state court.
When mailing documents to our office for service, please include the following:
· Your name, return mailing address and telephone number
· The name and complete street address for all services
· All court documents including the Return to Court copy as well as the service copy for each defendant
· Prepayment amount for all services
Before mailing documents, please call and get prepayment amount.
Address: Rockingham County Sheriff’s Dept.
101 North Rd.
Brentwood, N.H. 03833
If the court documents specify they must be served in hand, a brief description of the defendant and/or best time for service will assist the Deputies.
Types of service include:
1) In Hand (personal service): the document is served only to the defendant(s) named.
2) Abode Service: the document is served at the last and usual place of abode (residence) of the defendant(s) named.
The Civil Division also handles civil bench warrants issued by the District Courts. These warrants range from non-payment of civil judgments, to failing to appear for court hearings.